View Single Post
Old 07-01-18, 10:12 AM   #8
Mr9million
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Humm....Reading your computer specs, there is no reason why you should not get sound, and you should definitly be able to run any SH game with any mods if you setup correctly.

Stupid question: Did you plug your speakers correctly? There are 3 possible plugs (microphone, speaker, ext.) chose the right one...The fact that you hear other sounds on your computer tells nothing, it could come from the motherboard sound if activated.
What do you see when you go to

START > System > Hardware & Sound > Sound ?

Click the Speaker section and see if they are activated and set up as they should. In the Mixer there should be a testing tab so you can hear sound if the speaker is plugged correctly.
In order to check if the sound doesn't work because of DirectX, go to Start > Execute, and type "dxdiag" in the execute window. The DirectX window will pop-up, you should read DirectX 11 or higher, but as said, the game needs DirectX 9.0c files to run, if they are not in the list repeat the game installation and don't skip DirectX install - or run it separately before installing the game.
Ok, so I tried plugging my Razer Kraken V2 into the motherboard directly. But that didn't change anything. I changed the standard audio device to my headphones for iphone. (You know the two separate piece ear thingies.) And now it plays the ubisoft logo sound, but nothing else. (In silent hunter 3).

When I open dxdiag it says that I have DirectX 12 installed. And every time I reinstall SH3 steam says that it's downloading/installing DirectX.

Maybe it has something to do with the sound settings? In sound everything is 0 dB. But if I turn the dials it goes to -1 dB etc. Is that right? What should they be at?
Mr9million is offline   Reply With Quote