View Single Post
Old 10-16-14, 11:30 AM   #63
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Honestly, they've got tonnes of Eastern Front content to add as payable aircraft, and after that it's a case of adding in new theatres, probably also Eastern Front, most likely Leningrad and Kursk.
Let's hope they business model doesn't strangle it by taking it to far.

Basically IL2 has to be is a stable flightsim platform where content is added to. All it really needs is a good AI and a Dynamic Campaign generator with historical starts and values (aircraft used, numbers available etc) but ofcourse those can be tweaked by the player to spice it up if they wish.

Quote:
I think everyone had their doubts about the campaign, even before it was released, because of ROFs campaign, likewise the mission editor being as user friendly as the Large Hadron Collider.
Like what Simutrans is compared to OTTD

Quote:
The fact that these doubts were swiftly realised is the depressing thing, and to add the unlock rubbish on top of that was just insult to injury.
unlock rubbish is basically removing the Sim from Flightsim and have Game peek around the corner. a Sim must be fully accessible to the user to adjust what he wants and use whatever is available within the sim itself.

Quote:
Unfortunately I think that since they're getting closer and closer to their estimated release date that the campaign is something that is 'bolted on', so to speak and is a very last minute affair...and I mean, let's be serious for a moment here, IL2s campaigns out of the box weren't exactly something to write home about.
And users did so, they panned IL2's campaign as insultingly bad but thanks to the easier to use mission builder and dedication of some it gave the community stuff to fly and with the use of clever scripts for massive objective goaled missions for online use it had the servers packed with players and with mods they extended the lifespan of the '46 game even more.

Alas the last thing that gets attention in the development in these flightsims is a mayor gameplay aspect of it and that's the campaign.

Quote:
The biggest problem is one that also faces ROF, user content availability. How easy it is for people to make missions or campaigns for the sim, or even how easy it is for skins and mods...and at the moment, from what I've read, that is a problem that BoS is facing.
Aye, RoF is a nice sim in itself but could be much more if they didn't establish that user content is something ''they'' should milk instead of letting the community do what they do best.

Quote:
Still, we'll see...certainly it's become quite the drama these days has the flightsim genre, someone should make a soap opera out of it.
Written and directed by Oleg.