View Single Post
Old 10-23-13, 03:45 PM   #2
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ken View Post
I have been playing SH4 for a few months but never realized there were modifications, etc. available.

I'm not very computer savvy, but would like to try out some of the mods. I have patch 1.4 installed, but not sure how to go about installing some of the mods on this site.

I've seen some folks refer to V1.5. Is this a modification that changes the stock game into a different game, or does one choose to play the stock or V1.5 game?

I see many modification downloads that give different dials, or different maps, or different torpedo info. How does one know how to install these and what directories the extracted files go into?

Is there some kind of "SH4 for Dummies" handbook available?
SH4 Master thread
Thanks for any advice...
Welcome captain ken.
I would suggest to buy version 1.5; use the amazon banner in the upper right corner. Buying 1.5 U-boat expansion pack through amazon is no extra cost to you but benefits subsim. We are all volunteers here as a community helping each other out. Buy 1.5 pack since most mods are based on 1.5.

click on my signature below mentioning JSGME (post #3 has common JSGME errors). JSGME is a mod enabler/disabler. Follow the documentation provided in individual links. You will need JSGME for every mod. Please read the JSGME documentation, then individual mod documentation, then try things out. If you are still stuck or missed something, then come back and ask. We will gladly help.

Try the other forums, too, for SH4, ATO mods and fleetboat mods. Fleetboats is where most of the major mods are. RSRD, TMO, RFB, GFO plus sound,radio and interface mods. The downloads section in subsim for sh4 lists major mods, or sound, or radio without having to go through the threads.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 10-23-13 at 04:21 PM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote