View Single Post
Old 08-31-14, 06:27 PM   #16
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
Hopefully you never see a problem like the one I found on a customer's new Caprice. He complained of a banging noise coming from the back of the car every time he made a turn. He wasted his time at six different dealers before bringing it to me. I took her out for a spin and sure enough there was a banging noise coming from the right quarter panel sail area. I pulled the car straight into the body shop and had them cut that section open with an air chisel and we found a glass Coke bottle dangling on a string tied to a nut in there. The bottle had been heated just enough to shove the nut down the neck. There was also a little note in there that read; "HA HA HA You finally found me!"

Assembly line work gets a tad boring I guess.
or a repo, my last truck was a repo from the next state over with 300 miles on it. I know its a repo because they filled the airbox smack full of oak leaves so I finally checked the air filter to see why my mileage and power sucked and boom leaves came pouring out.

you are probably right about the bottle being assembly line but they also lie and sell repos as new vehicles if they have limited miles on them.

they got me because they got it from Mississippi and said it had to be driven to new Orleans so that's where the miles came from

near as I could tell the guy never made the payments so they took it back and resold it to me still claiming it as new but of course I cant prove anything but its kinda obvious it wasn't new with it full of leaves since there are no trees on the car lot and the leaves can only get in there if put there by hand. im just glad that's all he did to it but if he did put anything in the gas it never hurt anything