Thread: Steve's Models
View Single Post
Old 05-05-13, 01:52 PM   #53
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It's funny how fast things change. I had found a Bleriot kit which is reputed to be absolutely gorgeous. The downside was that it cost $35.00 or thereabouts on eBay, and none of the regular US companies even show them. I bought the Windsock Datafile on the the Bleriot XI for $25 and used the plans and tons of photographs to start scratchbuilding. It's coming along fine, but while I was sitting here online I started looking at other products by that company, Choroszy Modelbud, out of Poland. I stumbled on this site https://www.jadarhobby.pl/index.php, and found that they have all 366 1/72 scale Modelbud kits, and the small ones are all around $19-$20 each, and they have some rare gems - just about anything from WW1 you can imagine, and they are all gorgeous. Resin kits with pre-cut hardwood parts. They even have a Keystone bomber for $90.00!
I picked out a Bleriot XI with Italian decals for $19.30, and found out that airmail to the US is only $8.81. I added a Caudron G.III for $19.85 and they said it would only be one shipping charge, so I ordered both for $47.96! No complaints! And they say they'll be here in 2-5 business days.
As I said, the scratchbuild project is on hold for a bit.