Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-13-17, 09:14 AM   #4985
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

@Barkhorn1x: Hard-coded into the stock game, so the same as all of them. The max TCx has been set to 2048x to attempt to keep players from being completely sunk before they know what hit them... That is an easy enough setting to tweak yourself, if you insist on a higher setting. We might end up with a way to tweak that a bit easier later - then again, maybe not...

As for rolling an environmental mod in on top of FotRSU there Will-Rommel, you will get unpredictable results in the AI response to your boat. They might be able to see you from 15500 yards through the fog, or perhaps 250 foot down. We have no way of knowing what you'll encounter, or if it's even partially compatible with the submarines you'll be driviing. If you encounter troubles, we won't be able to help you out, since you've added to the beta version of the mod, which the whole idea of having a beta version is to test it prior to calling it a "normal" version... All that said, the environment in the mod is from W_Clear and Kriller2, probably with some AOTD_MadMax tweaks, of course...

Thanks for that torpedobait. I've been trying to get in a situation where I can point the head at a sinking ship to listen to it go down, and record it as it happens. Unfortunately, I keep getting sunk instead...

Edit: I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but I went into the EZ Torpedo in Subschool, and sank the Mogami, and then sat and listened for over 2 hours game time... You can hear the ship coming. You can hear the torpedoes on their way, you can hear the explosions, you can somewhat hear the sinking noise (I think) if you're close enough. The Mogami went down at 11:03 hours, game time. I gave up at 1415 hours game time, and the light was still lit green when pointed at where the ship went down... either that's very deep water and my sonar can point straight down, or the game gets "stuck" with old data that it can't clear...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-13-17 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Edit:
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote