Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

He goes on to say:

"With ADSIC the key to minimising your chances of detection will be minimising your profile, stern on or bow on is key."

This seems to fit quite nicely with the 'MinSurface' variable approach which (as has been pointed out previously) appears to be completely lacking in other super mods.

As for the two passages you cited, I really don't see an issue with either of them as I've already stated my belief that shallow waters are more dangerous than deep primarily due to the lack of available depth.

He's already acknowledged the sound difficulties, and at the risk of repeating myself, in my tests I found it quite challenging to try and maintain a profile that was low enough to avoid being successfully pinged again.

If the player remains committed he can manoeuver for a period of time without detection, but eventually (usually within a few minutes), the DD's search ark becomes such that you are unable to turn quickly enough to avoid sufficient exposure.

At this point depth charges are soon in the water once again and the time available for a 'flank knuckle break' is limited due to the shallowness of the water. If that's not dangerous then kindly explain to me what is.

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote