View Single Post
Old 02-03-09, 06:06 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak
The license is restrictive not because you can't mod the game (even if its pretty drastic according to me) but because you have to buy a new license (full price) if you ever have to reinstall the simulator on THE SAME PC !!!! Thats something that not even microsoft does, or EA who's not exactly consumer friendly.
This absurd restriction is what has made me stay away from ssm2007.
I don't know if the developer has changed his stance on this issue, but when the game was released it was 50 € for every reinstallation on the same pc.
Thanks but no thanks.
That is something different. When I first reported on SSS some months ago, i also had to witness their very hostile customer service, not answering my questions on what kind of registration exactly they were using, and whether o rnot it would be bound to a specific hardware constellation or not - I never got a reply, and their forums at that time could not accessed without buiyng first.

But I have a hard time to believe that you have to pay the originaly price each time you clean your system and reinstall it, and are not given at least let's say three tries. Are you sure about your claim? If it is like yun bsay, this would be the worst example of restrictive registration license I have ever heared of - and there have been quite a bit of black sheep in the flightsim scene over the past 4, 5 years.

Anyhow, their behaviour was what killed the sim for me back then.