Old 04-03-18, 03:15 PM   #56
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
[...]
I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of the CTD problems people have been encountering when loading a previously-saved, modded game (and not just with my depth charge noise mod) is due to the prevalent practice of testing mods using blank campaign files (due to the necessity of substantially decreasing loading times). Since the icebergs have been present from the beginning, even in the stock (unmodded) version, whatever is causing the CTD problem with them has most likely been carried over throughout the years with other peoples' mods.
[...]
I'm not using youre Mod, so i cannot tell anything related about.
But let me write some notes about the SH3-nature in general.
SH3 that you use, may not be the same some other people use. There seems to be different versions out there, even they all called v1.4. Shortly i have learned, that the Steam version is different from what i have to use, (Sf-version).

When looking into all Icebergs in unmodified SH3 RND-campaigne i also cannot find any reason why there may be a problem that results to a crash when reloading a SaveGame. Especially, i used a long time an unmodified game. Saved and Reload in all possible situations, even in between a Convoy-battle without problem. My SaveGame-Crashes begun just about after heavily modifying my game-installation. Or the Number of the Saves reaches a point of no return, at the same time, i dont't know for shure.

So, is there any chance that you can test youre Test-Series again with A.G. Filemanager-ini-Comment-Crash-Mod?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222565
This was made for the Steam-version. I dont't know if there is an effect on other versions also.

This may or may not relevant. Icebergs which does not need any Equipment such as Radar have EQP-files containing only a Comment. So maybe this can help. Also in the last post #6 of this Thread A.G.'s words about reproduce i can not write better.

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote