View Single Post
Old 02-19-19, 10:40 AM   #1
ArnoldR
Medic

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

date New program to give a real date in RL

Hello everybody

I could also post this message in the SH4 or SH3 threads....

I'm not a programmer, but I have a clear idea of the type of program I need!

First, please let me explain a bit how I'm playing in career mod.
To give me a feeling of the real time that is passing during my patrol, I don't want to play without time compression, because it would annoy me really hard!!

So, I say that for a given date and hour in-game (for instance September 12th, 1942 - 12:00), it corresponds to a real life date and hour (for instance March 16th, 2019 - 17:00). Now, if my patrol started at the date I mentionned above in the example (September 12th, 1942 - 12:00), let's imagine that it is in real life March 18th - 19:00. In this case, I CAN APPLY TIME COMPRESSION until it is September 14th, 1942 - 14:00. Then, I must stay with TC=1, or wait for several hours or days to be able to play again using time compression.

So, could it be possible to build a program that will show you what is the in-game date/hour that you are allowed to reach using time compression? This programm would ask you the date/hour of your departure (in-game), and the corresponding date/hour in real life. Then, given the real life date/hour, it will display the corresponding in-game date/hour until you can use time compresion.

Is there anyone here who have the knowledge to build such a program?
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote