Old 07-17-17, 10:54 AM   #237
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hi, i'm back

Well done gap and MLF. Tried v6 : all is ok, but rock and lighthouse are still not perfectly aligned. I've used your coordinates with excel sheet (nice tool ).

I may try to measure difference with your ruler.

Welcome back Kendras

I have checked again the rock and lighthouse meshes imported in the relative dat files, and they are perfectly aligned as far as their X and Z coordinates are concened. Anyway, I think I understood why they are not aligned in game even after using the ccordinates generated by my spreadsheet: in spite of unit coordinates being noted in .mis files as decimal numbers, decimal digits are probably ignored. A clue of that, is unit coordinates generated by Mission Editor having their decimal part always equal to '.000000'. This only applies to unit coordinates, not to terrain object's coordinates.
Don't waste your time with the ruler for now. Node displacement values in one of the dat files could be used to compensate for the ignored decimal digits in the mis file, without need of empirically measuring stuff in game. Unless my reasoning is totally off, the latter would be a valid method, but I think that updating my coordinates calculator insteas, would be a cleaner approach, and one that will make lighthouse placement much easier.

Stay tuned for new spreadsheet and lighthouse versions later today, please. Hopefully many bugs will be fixed, and new cool features introduced
gap is offline   Reply With Quote