View Single Post
Old 03-19-11, 10:28 AM   #15
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I make a round of quick tests on U505 mission and I found it more useful adjusting the parameters as below:
life_time=10
surface=250
noise=0,5

In each DC attack round all the DC explodes on a short period from the first one to the last, in less than ten seconds (medium), so adjusting it for 10 we will have almost 20 seconds of disturbance.

The noise parameter is a hydrophone only disturbance (i guess), so 0,5 seems a good number&good results ( based on sim.cfg hydrophone values).

Could be good if others could also looked at these values&test them to we find the best ones. I guess that TDW havenīt enough time to make deep tests on this.
According to the .act file, the lifetime is in minutes thus is why I set it for 0.12 (0.12 * 60 seconds = 7.2 seconds). Surface is in square meters (m2) and from looking at all the bold decoys available in game the bold type 1 had the smallest m2 value so I used it. I really didn't have a clue what I should set the m2 value to. By releasing this for everyone to test we can come up with an appropriate value. The Noise value, well I really had no clue on this one. The .act file said >= 0. If that's not vague I don't know what is What does this noise do? What is an appropriate value to set it to Once again by releasing this and letting you all play around and test it we can come up with appropriate values.
Now why did I choose 7.2 seconds for the lifetime? It's a number I pulled out of the air I don't know how long these water disturbances should last when a DC explodes
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote