View Single Post
Old 04-25-11, 12:24 PM   #94
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
When testing this mod extensively, and the depthcharges disturbance mod, for a new version of NYGM, I found that it was almost impossible to reload any saved game. (Releases of NYGM are tested with a full career.)

The problem of reloading saved games which then cause CTDs is very well known, and can have a number of causes, but I could not reload *any* game created after sighting any enemy unit (sea or air or convoy), evading it to a safe distance, then making a saved game. I could only reload a game saved soon after departing base, when no enemy had yet been seen.

By a tedious process of systematic trial and error, it became clear that it was one or other (or both) of the TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1.4_SH3 and the TDW_DC_waterdisturbance_V4.0_SH3 that was corrupting the saved game (almost certainly the Ship_Plane_Fire_Dame mod). Once these files were removed, it became possible to save and reload games again - subject to all the usual limitations!

This a great pity, because I think the Ship_Plane_Fire mod is wonderful in operation. But I cannot add it as it stands to NYGM. Sometimes one wants to save one's game.

Has anyone else noted this problem, not necessarily with NYGM?

Stiebler.
Hi,
yes i could confirm your words. After my testings with LSH 5.1, in my opinion it has to be: TDW_DC_waterdisturbance_V4.0_SH3 Mod.
I only could reload when no enemy ship was sunk before.
Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote