View Single Post
Old 01-06-08, 04:54 PM   #1
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Default The Diary of William Joseph (AAR)

1/2/1916
Dear Diary,

Today is going to be my firts combat patrol for the Royal Flying Corp 24,
I enjoyed the flying in my training day, but today is going to be something different. I hope the training I got is enough for today.

as I sat around the map with my fellow Airmen, My throat closed itself when seeying the finger beeing pointed behind the enemy front line. it seems the Bosch where taking advantage of a Air balloon.
The spotter guided the Bosch artillery on our men, so it was our task to take the bastard down.

It was a good day, clear weather.
I was preparing myself and did a last walk around my aircraft the ''Airco.Dh2''

I had a few flying hours with the Airco, starting to like to ugly thing.

I was about to mount the aircraft , when I got a hand on the shoulder, both my fellow airmen shaked my hand and promised we will have a drink after this is over.

and there I was, both my fellow airmen where already in the skies...I hardly could breath.
I started the engine.....the engine woke up heavily and it shook the cockpit and myself.
I opened the throttle and there I went...airborne

wind blewing throught my nose, it was like comming to life...I took a big breather and I started to feel a lot better.

and we where on our way...towards the enemy line.

Up in the air I looked around , and was amazed how beautifull the country is. I really pitty that on this land a war is beeing fought.

after some time, I heard soft rumble in the distance, I sat straight and looked ahead of me, I was shocked from what I saw...it was like the landscape was splitted into two parts!

When I got closer, I realized this was the Frontline...I couldnt believe my eyes...I heard horrible things about war, but for what I saw are no words to describe it.

The next thing that I heard where heavy explosion, seeying my angle of aproach it was English fire, it seems they are giving the bosch a hard time down there. I was so glad to be in the air myself.

for a moment I felt a bit sorry for them bosch, the impacts was even felt inside my cockpit...bloody hell thats some strong firepower!

but me feeling sorry for the bosch was quikly over as some of them bastards was firing anti aircraft guns into the air. I didnt really worried about it much as I saw my target in the distance a single balloon.
when I go closer I was reaching for my machine gun on front...I holded the trigger and when I got in firing range I let my Machine guy spew for a short time. I was shocked of the horror I saw next.

the balloon went on in flames....and saw the poor bastard jump out of the basket...without a parachute.

I quikly was recovered of the horror as I saw my next nightmare...Fokkers comming out of the sunlight.
I rapidly turned my aircraft towards the right to get out of his line of sight.
I quikly looked around and saw the two fokker going after my fellow airmen.

I didnt hesitate I turned around and went after them.
quikly when I got close I started to fire at him

amazingly I saw that my aim was very good. I got good hits at the flying bosch...and saw his engine spitting out black smoke and the aircraft went down.

I didnt celebrate, as I knew the other one must be around ...and I was right about that, the bloody bastard was on my six and started to shoot me...I turned around and saw him following but saw that one of my fellow airmen opened fire on him and he hitted him good...he started to flee. and I decided it was enough and headed back to base.

on the way back, I was thinking about what I just saw...I tasted war.
and I didnt really liked it, but I felt I had to keep going as it was my duty and that is to fight for my queen and country!

-Sgt. William Joseph.

end of patrol 1,

(*note* the screenshot include the Icons and radar still on..I forget to turn these features off, but because of reinstalling I was eager to try this sim again)

Last edited by HunterICX; 01-07-08 at 04:55 PM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote