Old 05-15-13, 01:12 PM   #18
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Oberon,

would you mind to set up some pics of the display with manual pages displayed from DCS or other sims, some Din A4 pdf, and such? I would like to see that first-hand myself. I am considering a solid ebook reader myself since quite some time, for the mere purpose of displaying PDFs on it (no e-book buys planned, I prefer to actually own what I pay for), but I have skipped the idea time and again due to the small displays, or in case of tablets, the prices. (I also hate that batteries still cannot be exchanged once their lifetime has run out, so that I need to buy a new device).
I usually just use checklists rather than proper pictures, I just tried to send a copy of the Black Shark pdf across but it exceeded the 25meg limit on my hotmail account. Pictures are small, yes, but you can increase the size by zooming in, but then you have to scroll. So it can be a bit clunky and in that respect you're probably better off using the folder. But for a simple start-up checklist it's handy to have.
The kindle is actually my mothers, although it's in my name on Amazon, and for me it was handy to get for the book 'Chieftains' by Bob Forrest-Webb which, in used paperback form, you're lucky to get for less than 20 quid but on the kindle is just over three.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote