Old 01-27-08, 06:22 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
ugh....

If I'm having trouble taking off, Im wondering what Im gonna do for landings....
Exactly. Not to mention winds from the side (are these simulated in IL2? I do not remember).

Pen, you need analogue rudder control for aimin at the enemy, for maitaining control on the ground when rolling, and landing, too. Get a twisting stick as a compromise, or rudders pedals. If you don'T, I am sure it is only a question of time before you give up on IL2 in frustration. You NEED rudder control during dogfights, else you cannot have your bullets flying where you really want them - the opportunity to score a kill will be over long before you have managed to get your sights onto the target.

If the target does not roll or turn.

The torque of the propeller makes the plane moving left or right while on the ground, since the torque chnages with chnaging throttle settings, the movement also chnages. Trying to compensate that with keys only is - well... why not play a nice game of chess instead.

Also, where is the feeling of actually flying (even if only simulated) when hacking around on your keyboard?