View Single Post
Old 06-12-07, 06:03 AM   #735
Argus00
Sparky

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

So I'm on my way to the Caroline Islands, 60 ft down, and on TC. I'm in the middle of the Pacific so i guess I'm safe, right? WRONG. Bam-slam-wham-boing-bong-clunk-scrape-screech WE HAVE FLOODING, SIR! MEDIIIC! Sub sunk.

FTW???? Bungo Pete out here, DC-ing me? I load my save (made 5 minutes earlier), and I go slowly to the approximate position where I sank, at PD and keeping the same heading. All i see on the map is this:

Hmmm... what's that spec, at my 10 o'clock? Let's zoom in:

Okay, aside from the fact that this is proof that we evolved from the primordial soup and that evolution is obviously still going on, it seems I might have hit a sand bank or reef. So I go to the esxternal cam as I'm passing right over it, and I see this HUUUGE mountain ridge smack dab in the middle of the Pacific:

Note that you CAN pass it safely at PD at no more than SLOW, otherwise you WILL scrape or hit the top of the mountain as the sub bobs up and down at higher speeds. This was at PD and FULL speed:

I saved right after this scrape, and looked in the ActivePlayerUnits.upc file. The damage was Damage=0.042255

The mountains are not continuous, though, but you have to zoom in real close to see where you can pass safely while submerged. These gaps are clear all the way down, so you can sink freely and not hit anything on the way

So just mind where you run silent, run deep, mates!

Edit: hmmm, so not only suck at sinking merchants, but at posting screens, too... don't know why my pics don't show up here.

Edit2: sorted that out. Hey, how come my pics suck vs. everyone else's?

Last edited by Argus00; 06-12-07 at 09:08 AM.
Argus00 is offline   Reply With Quote