View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 06:33 PM   #29
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

This is what's weird. Even when I delete it from the folder, IT STILL PLAYS in the game as though it's there.

I just went in and deleted it and went back into the game, and when I click on the gramophone and shuffle through the available tracks, it plays. And it's not in the folder! WTF?

What did you do to get it off the gramophone playlist? Because in my case deleting it from the Gram folder is not working.

I guess I could put it back and see if having it there keeps the game from crashing when I try to play other tracks, and then just skip over it when it comes up in the sequence... but it still doesn't make sense to me that it plays after being deleted.

Edit: I just did a search and there is no file by that name in the game folder, and no file containing that filename in the game folder. But it does appear in the Gramophone folders of 34 subfolders of the SH3 Commander/Date directory.

All 34 instances have the same filename, but the actual wav track differs depending on date. So I'm assuming that this is designed to substitute a more date-appropriate track for the Radio.wav that comes in the game, and if that's been deleted entirely...

I wonder if I can just rename all the files to 001.wav, and then select one that I don't mind playing all the time, and put that in all the folders plus the game's Gram folder. And let that be the first song in the playlist all the time. I don't have a problem with that, but will it work? Or maybe just copy my desired 001.ogg file into the game's Gram folder plus all the relevant folders in SH3 Commander and delete all instances of the Radio.wav file.

Or is it safe to just delete all the Radio.wav files from Commander and the game folder, and leave it at that?

Well I'm off to search the SHCommander thread and see if this has been covered. Probably has, lol.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 02-12-10 at 07:06 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote