View Single Post
Old 03-18-17, 11:34 AM   #4284
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicheBach
......... It was then I realized my CO2 was still going up, even though I was on the surface and had been for an hour or more.

I did a save, sped it up and the CO2 just kept going up despite being surfaced. While it was on about 576 speed I did one dive to periscope depth, then back to surface to see if that would clear it up but it didn't.

Died about halfway between Soemba and the Australian west coast, despite being on the surface continuously.

I have seen this happen at least once if not twice before, though I cannot recall if it was only while playing with FOTRS or also happened in stock.

ADDIT: it appears that saving the game while the CO^2 glitch is active. Closing to Windows, and reloading fixes it.
This Co2 issue is a stock game bug. I've had it happen to me playing the stock game....for no apparent reason. I've heard players say it's because you Alt+Tab out of the game (a Windows key function that lets you return to the desktop while keeping a program {like a game} running in the background). But, I never Alt+Tab out of the game, yet it still occurred to me.

Yes, the "save" game, exit the game, replay the "save" process seems to straighten things out (it will fix other issues too when they arise), so that's the best alternative fix.

Actually here's some pointers on game stability that all players should keep in mind while playing/saving your game.......found HERE.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote