Thread: [TEC] Flak Happy
View Single Post
Old 05-01-19, 07:01 PM   #3
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Well, somebody else will have to tweak it and make the mod, since the twin 40s don't really light my fire. That's why I'm posting my findings, whoever wants it can create it. Latest mad scientist experiment I started a new career, replaced the forward twin 40 with a single mount (previous hacks gave the GATO twin 40s fore and aft as a default starting configuration) and that works without crashing. Studying the twin 40, it looks to me like they created a single barrel that has an 8 round clip instead of 4 rounds, doubled the rate of fire for the one gun, and the other has no animation because it's nothing more than a dummy barrel. I'm using a tracer mod;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=666

And only the right side barrel has a muzzle flash and tracer stream - at double the rate of the single. Lazy swabs.

Probably a more important project to most people would be doing something with the 5 inch 25s fore and aft, to change the player controlled gun to the forward one. Better still rig it to use any gun in both slots and a switch like the AA guns have to let the player control either one. Chief Gunners Mate? AI gun crews couldn't hit the YAMATO from the inside with the hatches shut, bust them scurvy lubbers down to toilet cleaner 3rd class.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote