View Single Post
Old 04-17-18, 01:34 AM   #108
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
So many reasons to act weak, and self-damaging, exposing one's own vulnerable flanks and allow the opponent/enemy to grow strong.

In case of mining the Bosporus, you release word to the world, and then any merchant thinking he must find out himself is running at his own risk. Its like airlines starting to avoid the Syrian air space hours, days before the missile strike got underway.

Always concerns, and doubts, and hesitations. This is why the West plays no role in syria - and many other crisis hotspots - anymore, and why the bad boys win.

And then we wonder...???

We are strangulating ourselves with our claimed civilizational superiority. And we believe any Russian lie and any doubt spread by russian agitators (not meaning you personally, Kapitain) and social media bots only because it allows us to maintain our illusions a bit longer and thinking that we must not act. Our practical acting is weak. And no moral claim and no international law does change that. Our practical acting is weak. Weakness is never a form of superiority, moral or practical. It does not enoble us. Weak is weak, and nothing else - never.

Not taking it personally Skybird just making a counter argument based on something i see.

First off i don't support the gassing of Civilians it is needless and secondly both sides just need to come clean.

We were told that there were no UK boots on the ground in Syria that got blown up last Thursday if i recall with the death of a British Soldier in Syria so theres a lot that our government are hiding too.

All the air strikes i do believe are co ordinate to avoid the Loss of Russian lives and equipment and vice versa and that the blustering is for show.

Do i support the west's involvement in Syria no i don't, we are there un invited unwelcome and un wanted we have had our fingers burnt many times in the past and we still do not learn.

As for the legal standing with your favorite topic skybird international law states clearly under the UN charters " it does not support regime change" its quite funny really how we the west back doored this in Iraq, Libya and now trying to do the same in Syria.
So by technicality of law Russia by supporting the regime isn't breaking any protocols and is infact in supoort of the international law, it is we the west that by supporting the non governing or recognized rebels breaking international law.

I take Russian media with a pinch of salt i know it is state run it is there for the sole purpose to make Putin look good.

As for laying mines in the Bosporus i reiterate the fact you just open a big can of whoop ass on the world stage what matters in this day and age is public opinion could you imagine if the USA mines the straight and a cruise ship in transit hit one? the fall out would not be so good because you just handed Russia a golden key to prove to the world the west don't care who they kill.

As much as we are indifferent to Turkey right now we need them like it or not, Turkey is moving towards Russia for a reason and Russia has boots on the ground in Syria the reason we don't is because of public opinion.

I think the way forward is to stop waving our D***s around sit down with Russia and say ok we don't like Assad but he is legitimately the ruler of Syria lets work together on ISIS and get rid of them i think working together would make it happen faster and save money.

We did it in Afghanistan & Bosnia so why not do it here?

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote