View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 09:37 PM   #45
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The new vehicle park 2.640 (without helicopters shown).
Ja! Ja! Ja!
Lots of new stuff to set on fire

Quote:
Understand that SBP focusses on gunning and commanding from a TC's place, and commanding that single vehicle, or a platoon. That is where it's major competence lies. Everything else, for example that you can also control a whole batallion or more, is luxury and bonus and not the core of what the key customer - the military - wants.
I perfactly understand that but i also don't care. I merely hope to get what i want one day.

Quote:
No way. Not with ArmA, not with VBS, not with SBP.
Oh, btw when i said i want both i didn't meant that SBP should become also a tactic shooter but merely a much more leaborated infantry part that can be controled much better.

Now don't tell me that the military is the actual customer of eSim and that they catter only their demands and that this is a tank simulator in the first place and that my other wishes are not going to happen. Well let me tell you this, there are only so and so much vehicles in the real world and they are still fully occupied to feature them(respectively whatever the military customers request) But apparently this stuff is all featured one day and what then ? Are they just going to shut down the company or what ? No of course not, they will of course expend and eventually return to making games again and introduce more elements to the game of which improvements of the infantry and all the other stuff is the obvious way to go and this is where i hope to finally get what i want.

And besides that i have the gut feel that the military itself will demand a more and more elaborated infantry part. No one says that they will keep using it merely as a tank sim. The use could be expendad also to train infantry commanders and stuff. The trend to use PC sims for military training will of course further increase with time. But on the other hand there are of course purpose designed sims for that like VBS and stuff. So i guess we will have to see.

So, so far i have stayed away from it and just looked them over the shoulder from some distance away, reckoning how close the thing got to my ambitions already.

I feel quite tempted to get into it finally but i just discovered the "Steel Armour" project and i am wondering if it could be the better option for me. Perhaps i should wait till it gets out first. But no, wait, there is the habbit now to equip the games with nasty copy protection systems. Hmm, perhaps the dongle solution of SBP may be the only viable option for me.

I am so desquamated by this new trend that i don't even consider to buy new games anymore. I play only the old stuff once in a while and open source games but besides that i have pretty much abandoned gaming because of that.

Quote:
22 km is the max per dimension. Which by doctrinal ideal provides the front width of more than a division, if I am not mistaken.
That is certainly the peve that i have with SB. There is no way you could ever run out of fuel on this map so that logistics become an issues suddely. I like scenarios where you have to cross large terrains. BTW you do not need to reply to that, i know what you are going to say now, i am merely thinking loud.

Quote:
It seems both the community and the designers are in disagreement with you there. The first does noit demand what you talk about, the latter does not have it on mind by himself.
The community isn't in disagreement with me cause i am the community. What the designers agree or disagree with you simple don't know. Only when they get confronted with this idea and reply to that we can see what they really think of that.

That the designers haven't thought about that improvement yet is perhaps because they have a million other things on their mind already and simple never had the opportunity to even think about it.

Quote:
Your expecations are your expectations. I just try to tell you what it is that you get. I do not get anything for convincing you of anything.
I see, i just get the impression sometimes that you kind of try to persuade me to change into the favour of eSims development policy or something.

Quote:
I mean that like everybody else I could make mistakes.
Sure thing. But if you are not sure then just say so. But thanks anyway.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote