View Single Post
Old 08-06-09, 11:15 PM   #75
sunvalleyslim
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 267
Uploads: 0

Capt Alford, you Sir, are now on Eternal Patrol. God has given you command to watch over us all here still bound to this earth.
I had read that you had been assigned to 3 different Fleet Boats, but only the USS Cavalla is listed. Having served with honor on the USS Segundo, I can still recall my Captains. I'm sure that you were one of the Finest Officers the US Navy ever had. A man just does not say he's going to be a Submariner. It has to be in his blood and he has to show he is Qualified. Not only were you Qualified in Submarines, you were Qualified to Command Submarines. There are very few men that have that distinction bestowed upon them in their lifetime.
You Sir are a true American Hero, one we would not have hesitated to go to sea with. You could lead and we would follow, in doing our duty to God and Country.
By all written accounts you have brought your wife and daughters up in the naval tradition. Of understanding your dedication and duty to them and your Country. You brought to them love and guidance be at sea or home.

You Sir will not be forgotten, and many of the stories you told will be repeated over and over to your grandchildren, to friends, and to new friends that you will be introduced to through those stories........Rest In Peace Captain until the day our courses shall meet.....