View Single Post
Old 10-07-11, 05:18 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default FSX transition phase one

Testing FSX since two days over here. After FSX Pro installation, terrible frames. Adding Acceleration Pack, had me searching for hours to get beyond the non-activation error, until I found a solution on the web. Messy work by Microsoft there, costed me much time and nerves. 1 hour of defragmentising after 45 minutes of installation - you don'T have that kind of procedure too often. However, after Accel Pack went fine, I noticed frames spiking up, and with default Baron, KingAir and Jet Ranger having frames in the alpes and with an Innsbruck Approach scenery of 20-50 in heavy weather. I am careful so far with settings, normnal autogen and 30-40% traffic, the world looks empty compared to my full upbeefed FS9 with lots and lots of traffic, but it also means that I seem to have the reserves to dare installing GEX Europe, REX 2, UTX Europe, and FS Global in the coming weeks, because I could imagine that the better part of my VFR flying will be taken over by FSX in the coming months. The Aerofot Discus Glider btw works great, with an external thermal and ridge wind generating tool, I have already deinstalled Condor, all soaring from now on will be done in the Alpes, with the Discus. A superbly modelled plane, it seems to me.

I am cionfident that the PMDG 737NGX will work, even if some tailroiung of settings would be needed. I also checked some Mega-Airport sceneries without traffic, and had frames in the high 20s to the 40s.

A traffic addon I will add just at the very end, if there are sufficient reserves left.

The Hornet is surprising great fun to fly! And the Jet Ranger maybe is not too realistic, but user-friendly. In FS8 or FS9 it was pointless to try helicopters in manual flight.

The transition from FS9 to FSX will take me some longer time until all old addons are being implemented in FSX as well (some of them are still under developement). I expect for the forseeabvle time I will use both simlators, but I can now imagine a time when I will be satisfied by FSX alone completely.

If you know Condor, or like gliders, check that Discus. It'S a great package. Avism gave it it'S Gold Awarda, and some other sites did so as well. Didn'T expect soaring to work so well in FS, though by help of an external tool.

There is a Harrier for FSX, and it also looks tasty. Anyone knowing it?

http://www.aerosoft.de/_php_projekte...harrierjumpjet