View Single Post
Old 11-17-18, 02:36 PM   #22
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

One thing that has really been bugging me lately is robocallers are increasing the tactic of making calls directly to voicemail, by passing even having to call your phone directly. It is annoying when you see you've got, say two missed calls, and five voicemail messages, and most of the voice mail messages are from robcallers. You can't even block them because the number that shows up is almost always the number for your voicemail account. This article describes the practice:

New robocall tactic? Skip the ring and go straight to your voicemail --

https://komonews.com/news/consumer/n...your-voicemail

...and I'm not at all pleased with the exemption the government gave itself to allow them to make robocalls for their own political purposes. Fortunately, since I have no party affiliation, I don't get such calls, but I still think such calls are only self-serving and do not rise to the level of an essential such as emergency notifications, etc. ...

...and, here in CA, there have lately been robocalls by swindlers posing as firefighter charities soliciting contributions to aid the firefighters on the lines fighting the current disastrous wild fires; the local media have warned that the calls are frauds, but who knows how many gullible people will make contributions to those hucksters...

<O>