View Single Post
Old 03-26-09, 10:43 PM   #148
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I was asked if I could look into this. I'm testing a different method, the grey area of hacking an exe file. So I tried it just for sh*ts and grins and the game will accept any resolution it's 'told' to use - I chose 1680 X 1050 just to see if it would work. It currently works on the into screens but program aborts when it tries to get to main loading screen (I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't 'told' it to use the new screen resolution of 1680 X 1050 in that part of the exe file). But anyways here's proof that you can hack the exe file and make it do whatever you want it to do (I'll apologize for the LARGE image but I want to show that the game is running in windowed mode @ 1680 X 1050. No high res mod enabled either, this is strictly a hacked exe file doing what it's told to do - see red arrow in top left to verify screen resolution):

I'll tell the next part of the exe file to use the new screen resolution I specified and see what happens next. It should work.

EDIT: didn't work. Abortion is caused by Access Violation when writing to BAADF0ED. Ok, this one's going to be tough. Anyone feel like helping out? Stuff like this takes time to figure out. This abort happens right after the red bar gets completely full on the main splash screen (the Silent Hunter III splash screen after into and movie).

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-27-09 at 12:18 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote