View Single Post
Old 04-06-08, 08:39 PM   #32
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
And I think we are hearing very little from the SH4 modders for the same reason. They will let their work do the talking while we argue about it all. Then we will find all our arguments were irrelevent and we were worried about things that were never going to happen.

Globalexplorer
Quote:
That would really surprise me, because it would mean SHIV modders are a special breed. Usually modders have a nasty habit of announcing their project the very day they started with it, no matter if they can finish it.
Do you spend much time in the SH4 mod forums? Why is it a nasty habit to announce a mod in the making? Makes for good conversation and generally helps the creater if he gets stuck. Or in some cases, dies in the process (rest in peace Dave Bunell) or in the case of RFB left by Beery to be picked up by Swdw and is now a team of guys beta testing the next installment as I type this.

Quote:
Personally I believe the silence means that SHIV modding has not really taken off yet. The old faces from SHIII are tired and returning to rl, the new ones are still playing (maybe that is the best thing, that people still enjoy the game). I do however expect that we will see great mods, as the mod friendliness of the SH engine is still there.

No it sure has not taken off. I will be sure to tell the following creaters of these mods:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108964

Large list huh? So, were is the part were the modding has not taken off?

Do you realize the Skwajers 3D Modding Tool makes just about everything a snap now? From what I gather, the dreaded Hex Editing with this tool makes life vastly simplier.

Please give some credit were credit is do to the fellas on the list located in the link above. In just over a year, 5 major mods have come together as 2 large mod packages. TMO, ROW, MSN, RSRD and RFB. The mods contain playability, historical traffic, realism and an environment mod that is out of this world. Contained within these mods are numberous smaller mods creating a great game.

I'm sure you will enjoy the German boats in SH4 again and very soon