View Single Post
Old 03-03-06, 11:20 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default T +30 hours: First impressions of SBP

1. Graphics of the environment do a very convincing job at 1024, no AA and AF. Frames are good. 3D-layout of terrain is great. Vehicle models look well, too.
2. Immersion of actually riding the tank is very high.
3. Sound is that of SB1 with many more details added, a true tank opera. The number of sound files, said the sound engineer, went up from 105 in SB1 to over 650.
4. Mission planning is a challenge. The tactics aspects of SBP has a steep and long learning curve. That is no criticism, but a compliment.
5. Due to point 5, the sim will have an immense longevity for those who are interested in this stuff.
6. Bugs, showstoppers: very few minor irregularities, nothing I would mark as a bug-for effect, flaw, error. I yet need to see the weak micro-spot in the frontal armor of a T72, as reported in other forums.
7. I spend the night and this day testing the basics (what needs to be expected in details and realism) concerning ballistics and weapon effects at different ranges, shooting angles and armor types. SBP passed woith flying colours.
8.Importimng missions from SBgold works easy, and it works, overall, well.

If you are an ex-tanker wanting to relive old memories: full-heartly recommend. Get it! Seeing/hearing is believing.

Now it is testing the AI and mission planning. After that, the major vehicles will receive my undivided attention one by one.

So far I feel like this: