Old 01-02-11, 05:54 AM   #782
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Concerning problems of reloading torpedoes:
1. I think 10 minutes to dive is correct, if the reloading is interrupted by an attack.
2. I do not think that there is a problem with the issue of bad weather interrupting the reloading. The reason is due to the difficulty to the player of discovering when the weather is good enough to start reloading. The player, using time compression, will always start reloading long after the weather is good enough. Therefore, it is fair (equitable) as compensation that reloading should be allowed to continue even if bad weather commences.

Stiebler.
If its possible, I'd suggest another scenario. Base the diving time proportional to how close you are to completing the transfer. Depending on the % you can have several different actions:

0%-25% you're able to shove the torpedo back into the container and dive in 5 minutes.

25%-50% you're far enough along in reloading that it can't be put back into the container and must be dumped overboard. To get everything sealed up takes 10 minutes.

50%-75% Torepdo is partially in the compartment at this point, only option is to drop the torpedo into the torepo room; while at the same time each person in the compartment takes some amount of damage and maybe a few fatalities. Diving takes 15 minutes.

75%-99% Torpedo can be safely dropped without damage to the crew but too much equipment is already out and can't be quickly put away. Sub has to submerge with open compartments and the torpedo rooms will start flooding. Dive time is 5 minutes, but afterwards must stay surfaced for at least 15 minutes in order to correctly put everything away to avoid flooding.

You could also add that there must be no damage to the forward deck, if its damaged or destroyed the appartus used to slide the torpedo into the compartment is also a casualty. Thus, you cannot move any more external torpedoes (if the deck is destroyed) or wait for repairs to complete before the transfer process can start.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote