View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 01:44 PM   #54
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
His name was Gilbert DeVries. He was born in 1913 and died in 1989.

My grandpa remembered him having a box full of medals. But sadly these were all destroyed by my grandpa's mentally ill brother. All we have of him are two photos of his wartime experience. One of them is the photo taken after he graduated training and the other is a picture of him and his brother fishing in a pond in Belgium. He actually met his brother on the front-lines!

I wish I could've met him.
Well, as my family's historian/geneologist, head for Monee, Will County, Illinois and leave some flowers and a small American flag.. at 1 foot from marker.

Technician fifth grade (abbreviated as T/5 or TEC 5) was a United States Army technician rank during World War II. Those who held this rank were addressed as corporal, though were often called a "tech corporal".
As for replacing the lost medals: https://www.military.com/benefits/records-and-forms/military-awards-medals-decorations.html (one of many sites) Good luck and good hunting.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-08-20 at 02:14 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote