jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
send me a PM if you run into a snag.
the directions are attached.
they are written for someone who is relatively low in skill so do not take umbrage.
I tried to follow your attached procedure but it did not fix the crash. Perhaps I interpreted it incorrectly. First, since I play the Pacific campaign I changed this; locate sh4\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData\Flotillas.upc. to this
locate sh4\data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData\Flotillas.upc. OK?
I wasn't sure if I was to search for " SubSquad and base" so I searched for Midway as base and SubSquad(?) as Balao. Ok? I chose and ObjectiveCode of East China Sea.
Now the mission (saved) that crashed had a PlayerCurrentObjectives as ID9 in the Luzon Strait. The PatrolObjectives I chose from East China Sea is ID17, Sink ships in East China Sea. So I used the Saved file that crashed in the Saved Games folder, opened CareerTrack.upc, and changed the line PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID9 to ID17. But, the lines PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode =Luzon Strait, PlayerDefaultobjectives=ID94
didn't match IDs for East China Sea, so I changed those as well to match East China Sea and an ID99. Ok
So I restarted SHIV, loaded the saved play that I "changed" and it crashed again?
Suggestions?