Thread: World War One
View Single Post
Old 04-18-15, 08:02 PM   #96
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Nessie agonistes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ thanks for posting

regarding Forstner .. i like Mosasaurs and their relatives .. but we should probably call this "dichterische Freiheit", to avoid harsher words
Although .. one cannot be 100 percent sure
NO WAY MAN! A Uboat kaleun asea (with six officers on the con with him) sees what he sees and that's IT BBY! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2302055#post2302055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Very nice, and a seemingly valid account. The site itself however, has two glaring mistakes. The picture they have, as copied by yourself, is not the Morane L as cited but rather a Morane N.
At any rate, thanks for finding that account. It helps clear things up a bit.
Your welcome! A little too BLUE TO B TRUE! The account lists interesting maneuvers by the Garros plane: an almost vertical climb-to throw the bomb; a loop; and an engine restart and an 'escape climb' through gunfire to 700 meters (from 40 meters) Very detailed-lending to credibility- and accurate enough to indicate not a carburetor induced engine quit. Mauser fire or a machine gun? at a range of 'only 100 meters' is pretty point blank. No doubt the officer saw it all from a good vantagepoint... I doubt M. Garros was paying attention to details just then

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-19-15 at 09:53 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote