View Single Post
Old 10-16-17, 01:28 PM   #2320
nemofoot
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoder View Post
In all the testing I did earlier in the year I found no reliable fix for the tonnage bar problem. In the end I concluded (not particularly scientifically) that the osi task could sometimes respond improperly or maybe not at all via the windows pipe to initial sh5 messages that would in the past have been sent to ubisoft servers.

Changing task priority and things like this did not improve the success rate in my testing.

In the end I gave up trying to fix it but did discover a method to test the campaign to determine if it had started in this faulty state. And if found to be faulty reloading the save file would usually solve it. This mod was written on top of TWOS though in fact TWOS uses different campaign advance system and so has no specific need for it (at this time).

It should be quite trivial to make a vanilla version of my test mod but I'm very busy at the moment so it wouldn't happen immediately.

BTW TWOS fixes so many other issues that I really would recommend it over vanilla any day (and I play very much on campaign easy mode due to lack of time to learn full realism).
Right OldCoder. Will probably just install TWOS then. Thanks!
nemofoot is offline   Reply With Quote