View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 06:48 PM   #7
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sub View Post
do you think it would be possible to click anywhere on the map instea of being constrained to points?
Too hard, but it can be "open" to areas. and make it more flexible. However, remains the problem of creating objetcs too close to land, where more precise missions are needed.
This random mission generator is somewhat like the quick mission generator, which is similar in concept: you choose the area amongst the ones prefixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
What I would really like to have in a dynamic campaign engine for DW is something that can keep an account of the platforms present in a campaign (and their status--loadout, fuel, damage, etc.), account for their movements that take place before/after a match is played, determines when/where a DW match is to take place, and can generate DW missions based on all of the information its been tracking. Something along the lines of the "2d world" in Falcon 4, if you're familiar with that. Or, imagine a server running Fleet Command, with Dangerous Waters players logging into it to control the playable platforms in the FC game.
Never played Falcon 4, but I liked very much EF2000 campaign (very old, I know). I suppose is something similar.
Status, loadout, fuel... too complex, at least for now. But the other things are what I was thinking about.
I will be hard to simulate an AI, but it can be done.

Quote:
I expect that a full-blown professional campaign engine like F4's is beyond the limits of game-editor. But, if it can do most of the things I've listed above--even if a lot of the data is entered manually b/c it doesn't know how to interpret the results of a DW battle, it's still accomplishing a lot.
I have very little skill as programmer. I fear it will be far more simple, at least at the beginning. Many things should be entered manually, at least on the first steps to create the campaign (players, sides...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Isn't there a results file created when you end a mission. Could your generator read that and interpret the results?
yes, it's called debrief.txt
As far as I know, it will be possible to interact with it, but at the moment I don't know how. I'm afraid I must to keep with the manual solution.

Quote:
BTW Definitely needs LWAMI compatibility with Pacific and Persian Gulf AOs...
Yeah, I really love LWAMI mod, but I have little time (in fact I shouldn't even be doing this on these days ). RA mod is what I have installed right now and, since there's not an easy way to install the last version, it will have to wait.