View Single Post
Old 07-14-08, 08:48 AM   #58
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Just making it Japanese isn't the problem. Yes, Jap would be able to use German ports I think.

they sure did in RL : Penang for one.

It works the other way. But the Uboat add on has a lot of stuff the original game didn't, like calling in assistance, so I think it's more than just making the sub Japanese. All the support files for the sub are in German folders and the US/Jap game won't access them. The traffic files and even the missions files I think can be used in German Campaign but I haven't checked anything yet.

that would be a start, why don't we adapt your campaign to SH4 version 1.5 when it's done?

I don't know about the German boat but on a US sub the 'fifth' man is only on deck at "Battlestations" any other time there are four. Could this be the same problem?

Had four of them on another sub ?? I'd like to have like 5-6 (big tub..)

As for asking for the other 'traffic', I don't feel right about that, they put a lot of time and effort into it and I feel if I am going to make a campaign, I should do the same.

I know but if it's the same work why do it twice ?

It's simply a matter of things not going in the direction I expected. I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to be German. I thought the German Campaign would go toward India, which it did with OP Monsun and then head for the Atlantic, which it is doing. (And the Med.) I didn't expect the Japanese stuff to go with it. I guess the reason it did is that you could use the subs and ships right away from a German port but had no place to use them in the Pacific Theater.

yep, the easy way...

And when I first started to attempt a MOD, I didn't have the 1.5 add on.

Whereas I did.

I think it might have been different if people had realized how simple it was to add a Japanese port.

Help cause I don't know how....

I don't think it would have changed the way the German stuff went, but it may have made a difference in the Japanese. But then you had a lot coming from SH3 and they like the Uboats so everything was built on uboats. And one other problem, there were only two people that I know of that could make a sub Japanese. (and I was not one of them).

who are they ????

Peabody

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote