View Single Post
Old 08-01-12, 01:04 PM   #124
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crécy View Post
Paradoxplaza's Meneth has wrote a good in-depth guide to Crusader Kings II. However, it seems to dive a bit into mechanics and numbers 'under the hood', which I don't like as I don't want to know algorithms for everything or calculate optimal moves.

There's also a Crusader Kings II Wiki which also offers a few useful guides. I on the other hand suggest you learn only the basics to play the game and then just experiment yourself. At least for me that method has been most fun. It amazes me how unbelievable things can actually happen in the game. Should actually write those things down .

In paradoxplaza there are tutorial AARs and gameplay AARs as well which will most likely help to understand the game better. Not forgetting .
Cheers for that. The wiki is quite useful.

Yeah, I've mostly been diving in and just seeing what happens. Turns out Scottish history is even more bloody than reality. I'm falling for this game, I think it's my favourite Paradox release yet. It almost - almost - makes up for Rome..

One question. I'm having trouble understanding changing Laws. I'm trying to change my Crown authority. When I decide to change it, it won't actually come into effect until all my Vassals agree to it? Is that right? How do I go about getting them to accept it? Just being nice to them and boosting my standing or is there something else I'm missing?
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote