Thread: New Song Model
View Single Post
Old 02-20-09, 01:45 PM   #12
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Well here to start wrapping up the new fleet of Midget Subs for DW, here is the Yugoslav 'Sava' class sub. Some sources call these midgets while others patrol subs, you decide...

Quote:
Specifications, Sava class:
Quote:
The lead boat of the class was laid down in 1975, at S. and DE. Factory in Split; launched 1977 and commissioned as Sava, pennant no. 831, in 1978.
Quote:
Displacement (srf/sub tons): 830/960
Dimensions (L*B*D meter): 55.7*7.2*5.1
Propulsion: diesel-electric, 2*Sulzer diesel 1,600hp, 2*generators 1,360hp, 1*main electric motors with 2,040hp, one shaft.

Speed (srf/sub knots): 10/16
Range (srf/sub n/miles@knots): unknown
Diving depth (meter): 300
Complement: 5officers 30 enlisted
Torpedo: 6*21" bow torpedo tubes, total of 10 torpedoes
Mines: 20 in lieu of torpedoes
Armament: none

Construction
An improved version of the Heroj class, built with USSR electronic equipment and armament.
The second of class Drava, no. 832, built y the same yard was commissioned in 1981 and was put on reserve in 1998.
I found this data in the in game reference for good old “Fast Attack”:
Sensors:
Atlas PRS3
Snoop Pair
Stoplight ESM
Passive Sonar

Also since that just wasn't enough goodies for y'all...

The Iranian Nahong class midget sub. Not much is known about this boat so the weapon's outfit is conjectural; I've armed her with two 533mm fish in drop colliers (it's a safe assumption that mines also could be carried in those drop colliers as well.)

Next is the Russian Losos Project 865 'Piranya'. This big one has only two 400mm torpedoes or two PMT Mines.

Finally there is the Yugoslav Una class. Which is my first unarmed midget, its used for SOF missions incl. Deploying divers in a another even smaller 2 person midget called a 'Mala' to plant limpet mines. (and if you think that's bizarre just try typing 'Yugoslavian Midget' in to Google!)

Also I updated the DPRK P4 class boat. I added a control surface on the stern. Also I have copied the better looking torp drop colliers from the Nahong on to the Yugo. I've updated the old links for these two updated models.

all can be found here:
http://www.commanders-academy.com/tlamstrike/

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote