View Single Post
Old 04-11-12, 02:26 PM   #71
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip665 View Post

i have currently two folders (empty) on the c: drive [sh4stock and sh4custom1 respectively]. i want to put sh4 into each using multish4. im sure i can figure out how to use this from the readme but if anyone has input feel free. my problem lies with what to put in the new sh4stock/custom1 folders. i do a search and my computer says i have 99 files for sh4.

how do i be sure ive got a stock, unchanged, no career save or settings file version of the game? is there one catch all folder i can copy to each [stock and custom1] and for that matter will i need to uninstall it to do this? can i even uninstall without deleting it as i have no hard copy?
As long as you haven't added any mods or tampered with the game files, your installation is stock and unchanged.

The default installation directory is

Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific

or

Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific

if you're using a 64-bit operating system. Copy that folder, and paste it to your desktop. Rename it to Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific Stock (or something along those lines), and then copy/paste it back to Program Files\Ubisoft.

Note: with Windows 7 you can create a copy of the game folder directly in the Ubisoft folder without having to move it - your operating system will name the new folder Silent Hunter 4 Wolves Of The Pacific - Copy. If you're still using Win XP you'll have to move it someplace else and rename it as I described.

You can make as many copies as you want, and then use MultiSH4 to create the savegame folders for each of those installments, as per the MultiSH4 readme. It's really quite easy to follow, just give it a go and if you hit any snags we'll be more than happy to help out.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote