Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 11-24-16, 11:30 PM   #2731
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Well, there is the good, the bad and the cursed. Yes we have a cursed ship in FOTRS Ultimate and it's been tormenting us for a long time. Fortunately, unless you're specifically looking for it, you're unlikely ever to encounter it.

Yes, we're talking about the infamous Battleship Bismark. Somewhere in the dark history of FOTRS, long before we got involved, the Bismark was cursed. Originally we believe the Bismark was taken from GWX and improperly converted to SH4. In the process two spellings crept into the Bismark files, "Bismark" and its cursed name, "Bismarck."

Then "Bismarck" infiltrated campaign, mission and configuration files, basically screwing up the way SH4 handles the ship. Hoping we finally fixed it I made a quick mission to test it out. Bismark was out there and the sonar operator announced "merchant. Bearing 359. Long range." This couldn't be good. Suddenly Bismark emerged from the rain and before I could submerge, loosed a mighty broadside in my general direction. As the first shell touched my sub the entire game crashed and my computer froze. Oops.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-25-16 at 07:49 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote