View Single Post
Old 12-04-08, 12:46 PM   #11
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Thank you Red Heat, I spend more time tying to figure out how to do it then actually doing it. This is all new to me.

Thanks for the links tater, will come in handy. That has been the biggest problem so far is the details. There is a lot of info but not a lot of details. For example they go to great lengths telling about the major battles but nothing as simple as where the ships came from. Like the first link said the sub was based at Kwajalein, that's the type of info that is lacking from most sites.

And any personal info I have from my father was India, Burma, Merrill’s Marauders (he wasn't one of them but he met them, and Merrill personally gave him a shut up and listen speech about writing to his mother. Apparently Merrill knew a girl that was friend with my Grandmother who was in tears because she hadn't heard from my father. And Merrill gave him a direct order to write her every day Yes, Sir)
He was in the Army Air Corps and apparently they had to bug out the Japanese were overrunning the base, so they ended up taken some Chinese with them. As they were going down the runway they were shooting at the Japanese. But the weirdest part, when they got to altitude the Chinese were playing some kind of card game, and suddenly started yelling at one man and grabbed him and threw him out the cargo door on the side of the plane. My father made the comment, "I don't know if he lost or if he got caught cheating but I wasn't going to play that game."
So, I have very little knowledge of the Naval war, other than the basis stuff you learn in school.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote