View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 09:23 PM   #237
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I don't agree on that one August but it's all good. Regardless of the intent, it may well have cost another team a trip to the big dance. With regards to a replacement for Goodell being worse, I had never considered that but it's hard to Imagine someone being worse than Goodell.

It's interesting none of the respondents here like Goodell or have anything good to say about him.

I do agree that bad calls have a huge impact on games, which is a pity because I had bet on a Patriots Saints Superbowl and that blind ref cost me a lot of money. Somebody ought to buy that guy some glasses, maybe a coupon to an eye doctor. Seriously 50 even 20 years ago few of these would have been noticed or called but now there is instant replay footage, crystal clear and from many angles to show us exactly what happened and it's illustrating the limits of human refereeing
As for Goodell remember he was chosen by the owners and they could have replaced him long since if they felt like we do but they didn't so I don't hold out much hope for an improvement. I do hope I am wrong though for the games sake. One thing is the players need to get the final say in arbitration taken away from him or whoever the owners replace him with. It was a big mistake to negotiate that away and I hope the union corrects it when the contract is up for renewal.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote