View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 10:00 AM   #197
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes, I linked to the one labelled 'LaPlate_Metal'. So S3D was right this time.
Okay, maybe the issue is caused by the fact that the same texture is used for a transparent material. I will try and put the glass texture on a separate, embedded file, as more usual for SH.

Quote:
No, I edited the texture directly.
Okay, don't forget to embed your edited texture the next time you send me your updates

Quote:
Else, could you create a rock that is visible also a bit above water as on this image ? :
Do you mean the dark "crusty" area barely visible above the surface, at the bottom of the concrete base? If yes, I think that's not real rock, but a mix of fouling and biogenic carbonated sediments surrounding the cylindrical base, which I can try to mimic before final release. If we must trust The Lighthouse Directory website, the concrete tower is 26 m high, and the focal plane is 19 m above the main sea level. This would entail that the topmost portion of the underlying rock should start about 7 m below the sea level, maybe even more considering that the lantern is mounted on a metal platform raising from the top of the tower. This is confirmed by the same source where it states that the lighthouse is "located on a submerged rock"
gap is offline   Reply With Quote