View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 07:13 PM   #40
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
That's exactly what will make this game different and intriguing. The Devs are including a lot of elements that weren't present in the Silent Hunter series. You need to manage your crew and maintain your sub, or you'll find that there's the possibility of a mechanical failure of some kind when you need it least. Crew members can become sick and so on. Some players might find that the balance of crew management and sub maintenance to sinking ships isn't quite right for them, but the game is being designed to be incredibly moddable. If people approach the game with an open mind, and accept that this is not Silent Hunter 6, I think they'll discover a very enjoyable game.
Those elements can certainly make the game more realistic and immersive and I'm really happy that someone inally included them. I meant things like the rate of encounters, the equipment, and the depiction of different systems - I would certainly want to see them as realistic as possible.

That being said, I do believe they can make it a great game, just hope they won't forget about grognards.