View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 06:13 AM   #39
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaton View Post
Well, I am a bit conflicted too. On one hand it looks nice and I love the crew management part, but on the other I am a grognard kind of a gamer who won't play a sim that's not as close to the real thing as possible.

With U-Boat sims the main danger is that they will market the game to the arcade kids who want to sink another ship every 10 minutes instead of having to conduct realistic patrols, planning your approach, identifying the target etc. Those may be boring for some but are what makes it satisfying.

Anyway, hope they will make this game adjustable so that grognards can have fun too.
That's exactly what will make this game different and intriguing. The Devs are including a lot of elements that weren't present in the Silent Hunter series. You need to manage your crew and maintain your sub, or you'll find that there's the possibility of a mechanical failure of some kind when you need it least. Crew members can become sick and so on. Some players might find that the balance of crew management and sub maintenance to sinking ships isn't quite right for them, but the game is being designed to be incredibly moddable. If people approach the game with an open mind, and accept that this is not Silent Hunter 6, I think they'll discover a very enjoyable game.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote