Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 03-03-08, 11:22 AM   #16
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Thank you Maerean_m!

Edited: marean_m is mistaken. SecuROM continues working after installation, no matter what Sony told the developers. Every time SH4UBM is started SecuROM scans running processes for Process Explorer and probably the other Microsoft Sysinternals utilities by Mark Russinovich. If it finds any such processes running SH4UBM stops in its tracks and displays:

Note what program is displaying in the "dialog" box: SecuROM. Click the link and SecuROM spills the beans:

My recommendation is that people not purchase the U-Boat Missions Add-on until Ubi can fix this abomination. If you are not affected, think about what you do as company encouraged by the success of its disdain for customers (Sony, not Ubi. I believe Ubi and the devs were told this wasn't going to happen. At least it would have to be proved to me that they knew better before I would throw any of the blame their way) will grows more and more intrusive, financed by the money you pay for its product. Sony sold it to you without your knowledge or consent. Sorry maerean_m, that is a definition of evil in my book.

It's time to say "The nonsense stops here!" I own my computer and I reserve the right to run whatever lawful software I wish to run for lawful and honorable purposes. Ubi has a right to protect its product and I believe that is all Ubi was trying to do. I believe Sony lied and in the process they destroyed Ubi's customer goodwill. I certainly will not be purchasing any more Ubi products until the Sony garbage is totally gone. Copy protection is entirely legitimate. This garbage is not.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-04-08 at 10:14 PM. Reason: original post was completely wrong
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote