View Single Post
Old 12-20-18, 02:01 PM   #18
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
Front Runnner; you requested in an earlier post: "Let us know the results of starting a new patrol when making the recommended Vertical Sync changes while in career. Theoretically, your next patrol should start the BT Clock anew.
Keep in mind that there will still be a Time Zone difference between your “Base” and your “Patrol Area”. For example Pearl Harbor Base Time would be different than the observed Base Time in Empire Waters."

Here's how it went down:

My head hurts trying to figure this out; the local time and home port's time is always shown as the same, in my game anyway. I've got to start somewhere, so I'm going to assume that the home port's time is the one that reflects reality; to get real LOCAL time, since the boat's 6 time zones west of Pearl, one has to subract 1 hour for every time zone west of Pearl; 6 time zones, so 1202 (sunrise on FEB. 14) minus 6 hours is 0602 for the real local time. So apparently the nVidia tinkering corrected the slipping and sliding time thing, within reason (?), but the game refuses to show the real local time, leaving it to the player to check out the time zone difference, relative to their home port, and calculate the adjustment to get the real local time. Are we having fun yet? Let me know if this makes any sense to you.

Thanks. Yes, it makes ones head hurt......or, spin!
It appears you have done this correctly and it sounds as if the recommended settings are working out OK for you.

Base Time should ALWAYS be the time AT your BASE HOME PORT (thus Base Time). You have to subtract or add hours depending on how many time zones you have traveled east-west from your BASE in order to determine your subs' local time. I've heard that some save games can alter this although I have not personally witnessed that anomaly.

Most sub simmers play at a reasonable combination of Time Compression and 1X, so the accumulated error should be minimal.

I'm well into the fourth day underway at 1x and my 4th sunset was late 30 minutes, and that's after about 80 hours of gameplay at 1x. My first sunset was actually 1 minute early. I'm using 1/2 refresh rate, adaptive sync, and getting 30fps from my nVidia Inspector settings.

Now wait until Headquarters reassigns your BASE (say from Pearl to Brisbane) during a patrol. That really screws up your clocks!

I'm wondering how many of us actually play the game at 1x as I sometimes do when I'm completing household chores while the game is running, listening to Fred's Radio Stations playing music and radio dramas, or, binge watching Netflix or Prime, while keeping one eye () on my subs' progress, interacting every so often when I hear...
"Radar Contact - Long Range", (Clear the Bridge!!!)

I don't ALWAYS play for long periods at 1x. I also play a typical mix of time compression and 1x as most players likely do.

I am curious as to why fps affects the timing of the celestial sphere. Maybe someone will be able to figure it out. It must be hardcoded in the SH4.exe

Carry on!

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote