View Single Post
Old 09-03-09, 01:42 PM   #127
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Heard the news a few days ago. Not been able to find the right words to express my gratitude for the work and attention to detail you all have put into the game.

You may say that the Grey Wolves project is finished. The work is over. But really you have inspired others. This has no time limit or sell by date.
I would not know where to start making a mod. Real life at the moment would only get in the way for me anyway. But you have taught me to question things. What if?........would it be possible? etc. And the modders have proven that nearly everything in the game is possible. We have new environments, sounds, ships, interiors, gameplay and more. Before I stumbled upon this forum, I bought the game (SH3) and accepted it for what it was. I didn't even know that a computer game could be modded.

I have read the heated arguements, the comments, not always positive and not always deserved. Sometimes it was hard to be a spectator. Like listening to the neighbours in the house next door fighting! I often thought 'Sh*t! It's just a game!' Forgive me, I was wrong. It was always more than that. The work, the hours, the research, the trial and error, the passion for the subject.........I was naive in thinking that it was just a 'game'. If I put so much energy into a project, I'd also shout and scream and let off steam to get my point across.

You have also taught me through the game more about the u-boat and the war, than I ever knew before.

You have given me a place to take time out from real life. You have given me a game of chess where I can blow up things.

Thanks for everything and good luck to you all. Signing off
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote