View Single Post
Old 01-26-15, 04:10 PM   #13
DragonRider
Predator of the sea

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
Never had the issues you are mentioning, though I run a new laptop with 8.1.
Hi RDP nice to hear from you anyways yes after many hours today re-installing Windows 8.1 To try and track this issue down I can report successes in this matter.
After opening the bios and searching through the different screens I found that in my Bios Features Screen near the bottom of the page I found a section called "Windows 8 Features".
And for some reason Window 8 had decided to set this option to Other O/S. so I selected Windows 8 and then in the screen Peripherals I found the PCIe Configuration was set to AUTO which should be good to go but just to make sure I change it to X4 and re-started my computer The X4 setting caused the bios to fail as expected and the computer re-set again and booted but the PCIe items did not work also as expected so another re-start and changing the X4 setting back to auto and then re-starting the computer started up as good as gold so it looks like all it needed was a kick in the ass.
I have tested the Computers boot up several times in the last 3 hours and all is good.