View Single Post
Old 07-15-17, 09:03 AM   #42
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
What is the time, date and location of your graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
July 9th, 2017 at 45°N, 0°E; 04:33 UTC
I'm using Stellarium to produce the graphics. There's a version available for Ubuntu and a link for the source for Linux, so I think you should be able to get it running on your system. It's not as accurate as the program I use for serious calculations: USNO's MICA. But, it's great for being able to visualize various scenarios. And, unlike MICA, it's free! (Although, if you're in need of a program which will produce accurate astronomical data, MICA is the way to go. However, the USNO website can be used to produce most of the same data at no cost. Also, NB: MICA only runs on Windows and Mac.)

If you really want to discuss celestial, perhaps we could meet up on Discord for a voice chat. There's a link to the Subsim discord up top ↑. It might save us both a lot of typing. I must admit, I'm a total noob when it comes to Discord, but I hear it's similar to Teamspeak, which I've used extensively in the past.

Navigation, celestial in particular, is a passion of mine. So, if you'd like to be bored to death by the minutia of the subject...I'm your man.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote