View Single Post
Old 01-31-08, 12:23 PM   #13
Skywolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Question about Interface for Add-on

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. Does anybody know if hotspots, ala SHIII, will be in this add-on. Too be honest.. I really think SHIV was a let down compared to SHIII. I hate the interface and it has totally ruined the immersion factor for me. Especially on the periscope.. what I have to click 1 icon to go the the periscope..another icon to raise it. It just wasn't seemless at all. In SHIII I could click on the periscope to go there... I could click on it again to get the scope.. I could click on the toggle to raise or lower the scope. It made sense and it felt naturally. SHIV is a different game in that sense.. and it feels like I'm playing click-fest icons instead of a submarine commander. Just my opinion. SHIV great exterior graphics, but the interface.. blech.

It's way too clunky and there was something naturally about clicking on a particular officer for navigation or for depth control and so forth. Anyway - I'd buy the add-on if hot-spot interfacing was included. Does anybody know if this is the case?

Thank you very much!